You could win $2,000 and side-by-side help from an experienced teacher.
Ready to update your space? Submit a video showing us the skills you want to learn, the space you'd like to work on and why it's important to you. Consider smaller projects that have a big impact: painting, tiling, building shelves, landscaping of flower beds, etc.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
$2,000 LOWE'S GIFT CARD
Five grand prize winners will receive a $2,000 Lowe’s gift card to use toward their project.
To help complete the project, we’ll send an experienced teacher who will teach the necessary skills and techniques over two days. All project materials and tools within the $2,000 project budget will be purchased from a local Lowe’s store.
DESIGN CONSULTATION SERVICES
Winners will also receive a design consultation to help bring to life their desired project, and learn a few design skills along the way.
To help their neighbors gain DIY confidence, winners may be asked to participate in a community event where they’ll share their newly learned project skills with others. Community events will take place in March, either at a Lowe’s store or with an existing community partner.
The entry period opens on November 13 and closes on November 27.
The top five (5) eligible entries with the highest scores will be selected the fifth week of November and be contacted via phone.
Project work will take place in February and March.
READY TO ENTER?
Here are guidelines to help with your video submission. They’re very important! Your entry could be disqualified if you don’t meet the requirements.
QUESTIONS YOU MUST ANSWER
- What project would you like to complete to refresh your home?
- what skills do you think it would take to complete it?
- What would having those skills mean to you?
- Video should not contain any individuals other than entrant and should not display or include any trademarked, copyrighted, or proprietary brand names, logos, images or objects.
- Video should not include music and should be between 60 and 90 seconds.
- Video must show your face, the space you want to refresh, and must explain and show the exact refresh project you want to accomplish.
- Recommended formats include: MPG, MPEG, FLV, AVI, MP4, MOV, 3GP, WMV, MV4.
- Video must be 200MB or smaller.
This is a requirement of entry. Without submission of video and answering the questions as specified, the entry will be incomplete and may be disqualified.
We’ll review every video and narrow the selections based on a 100 point scale.
- A maximum of 50 points for excitement and passion shown towards learning new skills.
- A maximum of 30 points for providing a clear and creative description of the skills you need for this project.
- A maximum of 20 points for providing a clear and creative description of why you want to improve your home.
*All entries (video and questionnaire) must be received by 11:59 pm ET on November 27, 2017 to be eligible. The top five (5) eligible entries with the highest scores will be selected the fifth week of November. Please see the official rules for additional details.
UPCOMING CONTEST CITIES
See when the Upskill Video Contest will be open for entry in your neighborhood.
- 7/31/17 - 8/14/17 Riverside, CA & Nashville, TN
- 9/5/17 – 9/19/17 Albuquerque, NM & Tallahassee, FL & Charleston, SC
- 10/9/17 – 10/23/17 Phoenix, AZ & Baton Rouge, LA
- 11/13/17 – 11/27/17 Austin, TX & Raleigh, NC
- 12/4/17 – 12/18/17 Dallas, TX & Richmond, VA & Hampton Roads, VA
- 1/22/18 – 2/5/18 Wichita, KS & Baltimore, MD
- 2/26/18 – 3/12/18 Salt Lake City, UT & Buffalo, NY
- 4/2/18 – 4/16/18 Boise, ID & Grand Rapids, MI
- 5/7/18 – 5/21/18 Minneapolis, MN & Detroit, MI
- 6/11/18 – 6/25/18 Milwaukee, WI & Pittsburgh, PA & Schaumburg, IL
- 7/16/18 – 7/30/18 Des Moines, IA & Cincinnati, OH & Louisville, KY
- 8/21/18 – 9/4/18 St. Louis, MO & Birmingham, AL
- 10/22/18 – 11/5/18 Memphis, TN & Houston, TX